Friday, July 23, 2010

Certified Handmade Artifact

I'm excited to announce that after an extensive vetting process, RockBug has been awarded a Certified Handmade Artifact by Artfire.  I want to share a little about the process and what it means to me.

To be eligible for this artifact your studio must contain only handmade items (no supplies, etc.), you must not have not have any disputes or customer complaints, your studio must be complete with policies and a bio.  These 2 are the most important requirements, in my opinion:  You must provide pictures of your workspace and of works in progress for all categories that you list in and you must provide detailed explanations of how you make your pieces.  I think I submitted around 10 photos with my explanations. 

It seemed daunting at first but once it was all done, I felt empowered and confident about my work.  This artifact means a lot to me, it proves that I'm willing to go the extra mile to make sure my customers feel confident that my items are made by me.  The Artfire community and staff has been a supportive and helpful place for me, especially as a fairly new artisan.  I'm proud to be a part of it.

No comments: