Friday, June 11, 2010

Learning to use a light box

Things have been busy around here but in a good way.  I've been learning a lot.  I'm now using a light box for taking photos of jewelry.  I can't believe what a difference it makes!  It was super cheap to make, most of the supplies were already lying around the house. There are tons of instructions out there for different types of light boxes. 

One thing to keep in mind when using a light box, is your camera settings.  If you're as new to this as I am, it's going to take a bit of time to get everything just right.  All my pictures were turning out a bit yellow.  After some fiddling around I discovered that it was my camera settings.  I ended up putting my camera on A-Dep "standard" and it cleared up!  Just FYI, I use a Canon Rebel XS.

Here's a "before" and "after", you can definitely see the improvement.
    

No comments: