Thursday, June 24, 2010

Getting Creative

 I never thought I was a creative person, until recently.  When I made my first piece of jewelry, it was very exciting.  Even though it was a simple necklace, I was over the moon about it!  Pictured above is one of my first pieces.  I'm completely self taught so it's all trial and error but that's ok with me.  It's such a wonderful feeling when you master that new technique or finish a piece that hours ago was just an idea.

I've been trying to think outside the box recently.  Each time I see something interesting, like a feather or a unique stone, I wonder "What can I do with that?".  I have a little pile of neat things I've picked up in my daily travels or that friends have sent me.  My next adventure in jewelry will be working with hemp and incorporating those random fabulous found items.  I'm really excited about trying it out this evening.

Don't forget about our vampire sale!

No comments: