Thursday, October 7, 2010

Recharging...


If you're looking for inspiration, you'd be hard pressed to find a better source than the natural beauty of the Northeast, this time of year.  We recently spent some time taking it in while hiking in a state park and camping.  Obviously, I had some fun with the camera too.


Before this trip, my idea of "roughing it" was not having sweetener for my morning tea.  I certainly have some perspective now.  The temperatures were a little uncomfortable at night, at around 35 degrees.  It was a bit chilly.  Needless to say, the campfire was a welcomed source of warmth.  The meals also tasted a little better after a long day of hiking. 

I work day after day in an office setting.  Spending a little time in the great outdoors really recharged me creatively.  I came home and immediately finished this piece.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how much happier a world we would have if we all spent more time outside. There have been so many scientific studies showing the positive effects on everything from ADHD to cancer treatment.

I spend every chance I get in the SC mountains and while I don't do much creative work while I'm there, but I have the energy and (for lack of a better word) inspiration to do tons of work when I get back home.

RockBug said...

What a great comments, salamanderart.

It was so nice to get away from our hectic lives and just enjoy nature.

I'm glad I took so many photos, just in case I need an inspiration boost before we can get back out there.